This policy is to ensure that employees act in utmost good faith and maintain unimpaired interest of the Finance company in their dealings on behalf of Dignity Finance and Investment Limited (DFIL). It intends to guide employees to carry out their employment responsibilities in a manner that reflects and reinforces the Company’s values and also not allow personal interest (direct or indirect, financial or non-financial) impair their right sense of judgement for the interest of the company.
This Policy applies to all employees including full time, part, regular and temporary employees. No employee is exempted from application of this policy.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Conflict of interest is a situation where an employee’s action or inaction directly or indirectly benefits him/her, contrary to the best interest of Dignity Finance and Investment Limited. It occurs when individual personal interests (family, friendship, financial or social) compromises his/her judgement, decisions or actions in dealing with matters on behalf of the company.
Conflict of interest exists where an employee’s loyalty to Dignity Finance and Investment Limited is prejudiced by actual or potential personal benefit.
All Employees are expected to carry out their fiduciary employment responsibilities without impairment by existing or perceived conflict of interest. An employee is expected to disclose where he has personal interest existing or that may be reasonably perceived to exist in respect of any of his/her dealings on behalf of the Finance Company. When there is any confusion as to existence or non existence of personal interest(direct/indirect) that may conflict with corporate interest, such staff is advised to seek clarifications from constituted authorities.
STEPS OF ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN BY DIGNITY FINANCE AND INVESTMENT LTD
1. Concerned staff will be queried.
2. His/her action will determine the next line action to be taken.
PENALTY FOR POLICY NON-COMPLIANCE:
Depending on the gravity of offence, it ranges from warning, suspension, termination and litigation.
EXAMPLES OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The following are some examples activities that constitute conflict of interest, but this not exclusive:
1. Having personal financial interest or potential gain in the transaction of the company.
2. Disclosing confidential information about the Finance Company to 3rd party to the advantage of the 3rd party or personal interest of the employee.
3. Engaging in business activities that compete with the business of Dignity Finance and Investment Ltd.
4. Obtaining material gifts from customers, vendors or business partners of the company without disclosure.
5. Using the company’s confidential secret/information or trade mark for personal gain.
6. Working part time at a company that sells competing products or services as Dignity Finance and Investment Ltd.
7. Offering paid services on your time off to the Finance company customer or supplier.
8. Accepting payment from another company or entity for information about Dignity Finance and Investment Ltd.
9. Failing to investigate a subordinate or co-worker’s wrongdoing because he/she is your friend.
10. Sharing information in an interview about the company’s activities or plans to favor your choice candidate.
11. Cashing in on business opportunity that Dignity Finance and Investment is pursuing.
12. Hiring an unqualified relative to provide services that the company needs.
13. Posting to social media about the Company’s weaknesses.
14. Any other conflict of interest not listed above but considered so by the Company or its Directors.
15. Engaging in activities which compete, interfere with or constrain an employer’s primary business and responsibilities.
16. Colluding with third parties to undermine the employer’s corporate objectives, for example, inflation of contracts.
17. Undermining legitimate earnings/interest of the employer.
18. Competing with his employer by offering to third party the same services/products offered by the employer.